Here is what I would categorize as the top six (6) most frequently repeated lies that men tell to women.
1. "Why do I have two cell phones? Well, one is for friends and one is for family, close friends, and business."
Some men genuinely do have a personal mobile phone and a work mobile phone. I've had that myself a few times before.
That being said, one of the things I always hear lying womanizers brag about is how they will maintain two — even sometimes three — mobile phones so that their "main woman" won't find out about their "on-the-side" women.
Funny enough they would go far away from you each time to answer that phone call claiming it is business or would avoid picking it claiming they want to be with you and don't need distraction.
2. "Why do I spend so much time with Michelle? Baby, that is my best (female) friend. I am not having sex with her. I promise."
If your intuition repeatedly sends you signals that their "friendship" might be a little bit more than platonic, then there is nothing wrong with you asking a handful of probing questions about the history of their friendship.
3. "Baby, I don't know who that woman is who keeps calling my phone. I met her at a party once, but beyond that, I have never conversed with that woman."
This sounds silly, but I have actually observed women fall for this. A strange woman will continuously call their man and when confronted, he will respond by saying, "I don't even know who that is."
4. "Baby, of course I'm going to marry you someday. I know we've been dating for six years, but I am going to propose to you soon."
I have known men to propose to a woman after dating them for five years or even 15 years. I will not go on record as saying that never, ever happens.
That being said, the vast majority of men know within the first two to three years of dating a woman if they are going to propose to that woman or not.
5. "Baby, I'm going to break up with my wife/girlfriend soon. She is not the one for me. You're the one for me."
There's almost no chance that he'll upgrade you to long-term, exclusive status.
In my lifetime, I cannot tell you how many women I've observed get their hearts broken by a man who was already in a relationship and gave them the impression that they were going to "one day" be elevated to the status of his only woman.
6. "Baby, you know I love you . How could you ever doubt my love for you and how much I care for you?"
You want to know why so many women get their hearts broken by men? Among other reasons, because of their "addiction" to hearing these three words: "I love you."
All womanizers know the quickest way to endear themselves to a woman is to tell her, "I care for you, baby ... I love you."
There are two simple ways you can distinguish the "sincere" guys from the liars. Men who are sincerely in love with you do not tell you this right before having sex with you or while having sex with you. They will tell you they love you in a random manner.