As most government owned universities begin this year with full resumption for the 2015/2016 academic session and some universities still crawling behind, we bring to you the Government owned University with the fastest academic calendar for the year 2016.
Out of the 10 universities with the fastest calender two universities came from only Kwara State. Amazingly Kwasu topped the list, while UNILORIN come in fourth. Is that not amazing? Below is the list of 10 universities:
1. Kwara State University: Kwara state University (kwasu) still stand as the number one university with the fastest academic calendar. It was number one in 2015 and still remains number one still date. Her resumption for 2015/2016 (1st semester to be precise) started in August 2015 and presently they are in their 2nd semester which is ending in April 2016. April marks the end of 2015/2016 session for Kwara State University.
2. Nasarawa State University: The competition is becoming interesting as Nsuk came all the way from the 4th position in 2015 to be the 2rd government owned university with the fastest academic calender for 2016. Resumption for the 2015/2016 session kicked Off on the 5th of October 2015 and Nasarawa State University 1st semester examination is in progress.
3. Ekiti State University: It’s a big surprise as we see Ekiti State University in 3rd position. Eksu Resumption date for 2015/2016 was on the 19th of October and 1st semester examination is presently in progress.
4. University Of Ilorin: Unilorin was known as the 2nd University with a fast academic calendar in Nigeria in 2015. Unilorin’s 2015 slow admission exercise and lateness in releasing admission list as we believe might have hindered them from retaining the 2nd position. But unfortunately, Unilorin released both DE/UTME list and resumption date came a week after the release of the list which made them drop to the the 4th place. Resumption date was 28th of October and 1st semester exam is presently in progress.
5. Delta State University: Resumption was on the 9th of November and First semester examination is expected to begin on the 15th of February 2016.
6. Osun State University: Osun State University also dropped from 3rd to 6th due to many reasons known to the University management. The university 1st semester examination is expected to begin on 22nd of February 2016.
7. University of Nigeria: UNN Resumption for the 2015/2016 session was on the 7th of November. 1st semester examination is expected to begin on the 22nd of February 2016.
8. Federal University of Technology Akure : FUTA resumption date for the 2015/2016 session started on the 24th of November November . First semester examination is expected to begin on the 29th of February 2016.
9. Federal University Oye-Ekiti: FUOYE took up the 9th position as one of the University with a fast academic calendar. Its resumption date for the 2015/2016 was on the 23rd of November and First semester examination is expected to begin on the 14th of March 2016.
10. Nnamdi Azikwe University: UNIZIK took up the 10th position as her resumption date for 2015/2016 started on the 23rd of November 2015 and First semester examination is expected to begin on the 1st of March 2016
You can also read: how to make money as a student
You can also read: all you need to know about earning coins on campus punch